Re: apt-get install package/dist

On 23 Aug 2001 12:23:52 -0400, glynis@butterfly.hjsoft.com wrote:
> on a debian testing box, i try:
> apt-get install mozilla/unstable
> and get:
> E: Release 'unstable' for 'mozilla' was not found
>
> how can i get apt to know about the other dists without it
> automatically trying to upgrade my entire system to `unstable'?

I know there is a more eloquent way to do it but you can add the sources
list for the unstable tree, update and then ....

apt-get install mozilla/unstable

However, you can either go back and remove the sources for the unstable
distribution or always do apt-get -t testing update or dist-upgrade.

I always add a -u too see what is being silently upgraded, it will tip
you off if 120 packages are going to be upgraded you might be on that
long road to unstable.

--mike