Re: Ximian Gnome, Woody, and libgnomeprint11

Hi,

If it can help I did the nexts:

1. I downloaded the lignomeprint* - where * are 15 -data and -bin - from the unstable ( If I could remember ver 0.29 ), and installed these packages with dpkg. 2. with the dpkg-deb I extracted the libgnomeprint11 and modified in the postinst script the gnome-font-install command
3. from the modified package I made a .deb with dpkg-deb .
4. So I could install this new libgnomeprint11 package with dpkg.
(These are not so difficult as hearing :)

After it the libgnomeprint11 dependency-problems are solved.
BUT when I wanted to start the gnumeric it had problem, because the gnumeric needs the parts of gnome-print or something similar but the gnome-print conflicts with libgnomeprint11.

The problem is for me that I don't know the gnome-font-install command and maybe I did something foolish in the script, therefore the gnumeric couldn't find the fontmap/ghostscrip fonts information.

Other.
Somewhere was mentioned the problem of libdb.3.so. It is just a symlink that references to libdb.3.old.so in the /lib directory, but this .old.so is not exist, therefore the symlink is invalid. So I copy the libdb.2.2.1 (or something similar version) as libdb.3.so and its result the symlink became valid.

The bests,

Tamás.

P.S. If my English is not too understandable sorry for it, but I'm not a English expert :(.