Re: Kernel for AMD Thunderbird

> I'm thinking of buying an Asus A7V266 motherboard
> and using it with an AMD Thunderbird CPU, 1.4GHz
> with a 266MHz FSB as an upgrade for a machine
> which is currently Pentium III 800MHz and runs
> Debian potato, with kernel 2.2.19.
>
> Does anyone know which processor type I should
> select in the kernel config?

I'm pretty sure there's an AMD K6 option, which that CPU
*might* fall under. I'd read the 'Help' on that option though.

Also, check your IDE controller selection too. I'm not sure if
you can compile in support for 'generic' IDE and your specific
controller and then the kernel chooses the more ideal one
(hopefully, the specific one).

Hall