Re: X server can't find mouse

If problems persist, you may want to consider dumping gpm all together. It
was giving me problems once upon a time, and I've never missed it any time
I've removed it. It doesn't seem to provide much functionality beyond the
ability to use your mouse in console mode, which seemed fairly worthless to
me. Someone can probably tell you a much better use for the thing, but it
never did much for my comp.