Re: mutt and an nfs mounted home directory

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 21:36:35 -0700, Jason Majors wrote:

> but when I run mutt on the client machine, it tells me that the
> mailbox is read only.

Maybe it's a problem of file locking: mutt try to lock the mailbox but
does the server support file locking? Do you use knfsd
(nfs-kernel-server) or nfsd (nfs-server) on server? knfsd provides file
locking, nfsd does not. If you cannot change servers' settings/config,
try to mount nfs with "nolock" option.

Bye, Leonardo.
--
Leonardo Macchia