Re: mplayer opengl

* harsha <harshu@hd2.vsnl.net.in> (2001-08-22 19:40):
>    When I do ./configure for compiling mplayer it says GL includes
> missing and opengl support is missing. I have a Riva TNT2 card and using
> the binary drivers from nvidia. How do I get mplayer to compile with
> opengl support. Actually is it neccessary that I compile it with such a
> support. What would be the advantage?

According to the mplayer readme, OpenGL output is only supported on
cards using Utah GLX, Matrox cards using DRI and ATI cards using DRI
CVS, so you're outta luck :)

I have a Geforce 2 myself, and I find that mplayer runs fine without
OpenGL output.  It would probably be faster, and reduce the load on
your CPU, but since Nvidia's drivers are not open source, I doubt
you'll ever see OpenGL output support from mplayer.

My $0.02...

Cheers,
Sean

--