Re: Encrypted Filesystems

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 10:13:02AM +0000, Iain Smith wrote:

> Anyone happen to know the current state of the crypto patches? I haven't seen
> a new patch for 2.4 since april... for 2.4.3!

Yeah, that's it, I guess. Maybe they got it right the first time. :)
One minor problem (too minor to bother fixing, apparently) is that
the kernel makefile changed slightly somewhere between 2.4.3 and now.
So the patch fails on a chunk of Makefile. Editing by hand works. If
you're trying and don't quite know how to do that, here's what it
should look like:

CORE_FILES      =kernel/kernel.o mm/mm.o fs/fs.o ipc/ipc.o
NETWORKS        =net/network.o
CRYPTO          =crypto/crypto.o

LIBS            =$(TOPDIR)/lib/lib.a
SUBDIRS         =kernel drivers mm fs net ipc lib crypto

DRIVERS-n :=

HTH,
Mike McGuire