Re: Encrypted Filesystems

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 02:05:41PM +1000, Damon Muller wrote:
> Quoth Rog?rio Brito,
> > 	I'm also interested in encrypted filesystems and I think that
> > 	the only way to go (reasonable one, that is) is to use the
> > 	international kernel patch available at
> > 	http://www.kerneli.org/.
>
> I remember seeing a project recently which was a kernel module which
> allowed you to have encrypted loopback devices with patching the kernel
> of using the international kernel patch.

Not sure if this is it, but I've been playing around just with the
international patch using a loopback device (in the standard kernel).
(I compiled them all as modules, but I think you meant some other
non-standard kernel patch / module.) Anyway, there's a howto on
linuxdoc.org, Loopback-Encrypted-Filesystem-HOWTO.

HTH,
Mike McGuire