Re: Why so big(2)

> > | nfs-common install
> > | nfs-server install
>
> I assume that portmap is also installed if these are present.  Remove
> it, too.  Especially on a firewall.

portmap, unfortunately, isn't removable on a potato system.  Trying to
remove it would break dependencies in the netbase package.

Next best thing would be to not have it running.

Another alternative would be to build your own netbase package that
doesn't have that issue, but it's up to you to decide if the effort to do
so is worth it.

> > | xfree86-common install
> > | xlib6g install
> > | xlibs install
>
> These are arguable.  You really don't need (and therefor shouldn't
> have) an X server on a firewall, but it can be useful to have the
> ability to run X apps remotely.

Yep - Ethereal sure is a nice packet sniffer :)

Phil