Re: dhcp configuration

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 01:55:29PM -0400, Titus Barik wrote:

| Hi, I'm a newbie to Debian, and I'm not sure what the proper way to
| configure DHCP is. Right now, I simply type 'pump' after the computer is
| restarted. I initially thought that I should put this in init.d, but I
| am not exactly sure what the proper way to do this would be in
| Debian. Can someone tell me what the preferred (and hopefully best) way
| to setup DHCP is? I also notice that there is another dhcp client that
| one can choose from (dhcpcd).

What network interface is configured by DHCP?  eth0?  What does your
/etc/network/interfaces look like?

My DHCP configured interface is eth1 so my /etc/network/interfaces
file has

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp

in it.  I also specified some options below that so a certain command
is run whenever the interface is brought up.

HTH,
-D