Re: Kernel 2.4.7 Problems in Woody

* Scott Von (svonduhn@yahoo.com) spake thusly:
> Upon rebooting, I found that my new kernel functioned
> almost perfectly, except that the network card will
> not initialize.  It works fine if I reboot with
> 2.2.19, and I never had problems before with earlier
> kernel versions.

I guess first thing to try would be to modprobe the module for your NIC.
If that fails, have a look at /proc/pci -- see if your NIC is recognized
and what's the IRQ & i/o port. Then you can try giving explicit IRQ & port
parameters to the module.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)