Re: Potato to woody problem

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 10:38:07AM -0400, Brian Schramm wrote:
| I changed the references in my apt/sources.list to point to woody.
|
| I then did a
| apt-get update
| apt-get install apt-utils debconf
| apt-get dist-upgrade
|
| When I did the apt-get install apt-utils debconf it told me to type Yes,
| do as I say! to upgrade the pearl system.  I did that and now I keep
| getting a perl: error while loading shared libraries: libdb.so.3
|
| How do I get by this?

The correct solution to this is to

    apt-get install libdb2

since that package provides libdb.so.3.  (A quick search on
packages.debian.org shows that)  BTW, when apt tells you you must type
"Yes, do as I say" it probably means that you don't want to do that.
Instead see what it is trying to do to the packages and correct the
situation first.

-D