RE: VMware and Debian

Yep.  I've got VMWare running on plain potato.  I had to roll a custom
kernel, but that's no big deal.  The vmware install looks for certain
aspects of your kernel source tree to generate it's custom modules.  It's
not really too difficult.  I would suggest compiling /dev/rtc into your
kernel if you are going to run M$ software in vmware.

HTH,

Brooks