Re: New install?

"Robert L. Harris" wrote:

> I'm trying to put debian on a Dell 2450 with the built in scsi raid
> controllers.  I have the 3 CD's from 2.2 (potato).  When I boot off the
> cdrom it says it can't find any drives.
>
>   I'm going to try and download the woody floppies and boot from those.
> Is this going to stand half a chance or am I stuck with a redhat box?

You'll most likely need a diskimage with a patched kernel for this.  You
may find such for the 2450 at e.g.
	http://www.merilus.com/~kevin/aacraid.html

The same but for the newer PowerEdge 25xx (and 44xx I believe) can be
found on
	http://emil.its.uu.se:8080/DELL/

(The later is built on the former, just an other kernelpatch)

You may also find lost of usefull info at
	http://domsch.com/linux/

Best regards,
	Emil