Re: mc internal shell is not 8-bit clean?

* Eric G. Miller (egm2@jps.net) wrote:
<SNIP>
> Probably you need to set the LANG environment variable in either or both
> /etc/environment and ~/.bashrc.  I have "LANG=en_US", but you'll
> probably want something different.  The default is "C", which is only
> 7-bit ASCII...

Hey.  Sorry to hijack your thread, but could you pls post your .bashrc?
I've tried mucking around with the LANG setting, and apparently I've got
the syntax wrong :\

TIA,
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")