Re: System Wide Fetchmail (failed!)

In article <[🔎] 20010819091449.B16545@godzillah>, Henrique de Moraes
Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes
>On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Roland Hinkley wrote:
>> I do still have a problem that is driving me mad. Fetchmail works fine
>> when I start it as a user. Unfortunately when it tries to start at boot
>> I get the message that it has failed. It also does not start up from the
>> fetchmail script within ip-up.
>
>Make sure the /etc/fetchmailrc file in /etc is readable by the fetchmailrc
>user... Also, refer to the syslog (/var/log/syslog) for error messages.
>There is also "/etc/init.d/fetchmail debug-run"  in the newest fetchmail
>packages which may be able to help you.
>
>--

Hi Henrique,

I updated to the latest Fetchmail and ran "/etc/init.d/fetchmail debug-
run" as you suggested, which was most informative. It seems that the
global "fetchmailrc" has to have the execute bit set. Fetchmail now
starts from 'debug-run' so just need to confirm that it starts from ip-
up.d.

An added bonus is that multidrop now works for my demon.co.uk account
(where I collect this list).

Many thanks

Roland

--