2.4.8 & SB live

I changed form the 2.4.7 kernel to the 2.4.8 about a week ago,
and still have a problem with SB live. Problem is that it
_looks_ like it work, but it doesn't. For example, xmms starts
playing mp3, but nothing comes out of the speakers. I've
checked that nothing is muted in mixer (gmixer), and that
proper permission for /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer are there. And
they must be proper, because sounds work with the 2.4.7. I
have support for SB live in kernel for sure. Following is from
dmesg's listing:

Creative EMU10K1 PCI Audio Driver, version 0.15, 08:45:22 Aug
17 2001
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:0d.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:13.0
emu10k1: EMU10K1 rev 6 model 0x8027 found, IO at
0xc800-0xc81f, IRQ 11
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: 0x8384:0x7609 (SigmaTel
STAC9721/23)

So, card is found but what is this SigmaTel? Also in gmixer it
is stated that sound device used is SigmaTel STAC9721/23,
while with 2.4.7 it says that card is SB live. Any
suggestions?

--
Petteri Heinonen			tel:	+358 50 3363286
email:	heinonep@cs.tut.fi		addr:	Varvikonkatu 1 C 19