Re: Acrobat plugin for Mozilla

On Friday 17 August 2001 17:28, Max Kamenetsky wrote:
> * Kent West <westk@nicanor.acu.edu> [08/17/01 14:32] wrote:
> > Max Kamenetsky wrote:
> > >    Has anyone been able to get the Acrobat Reader plugin working on
> > >Mozilla?  It works fine under Netscape, but putting nppdf.so in
> > >/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins seems to have absolutely no effect.  I
> > >checked to make sure the permissions are right, but that doesn't seem
> > >to be the problem.  It doesn't show up in About:Plugins and nothing I
> > >can do seems to be able to get Mozilla to recognize it.  Any hints?
> >
> > I may be speaking out of ignorance here, but I seem to remember reading
> > something to the effect that you need a symlink to the file in your Moz
> > plugin directory rather than the actual file. Why that would be true, I
> > have no idea, but you might give it a shot.
>
> No, that's not the problem.  I've tried it with both the actual file
> and a symlink.  You seem to be using Mozilla yourself, were you able
> to get it to recognize the Acrobat plugin?
>
> Max

No, I don't think I ever tried Acrobat; but I've wrestled a lot with the Java
and Flash plugins. These things are not really high priority for me, and I
work with so many different computers, that I really don't remember when I've
gotten plugins to work and when I haven't, and what I've done differently
between the two cases. And obviously, my previous idea doesn't work. Sorry I
wasn't of more help.

Kent