freshmeat for deb packages - alias: dselect forgot the new list

Hi all,

I was already in the Select menu in dselect (successfully updated the
package lists) and saw some new packages at the top of the list. dselect
then was inadvertently terminated. After the restart the new packages
were sorted into the 'Available' lists.

I have no backup from the /var/lib/dpkg/available file and the nearby
debian users have the same version as I.

I tried to find a daily changelog for unstable packages with Google,
also at the Search Package Directories on the debian site - to no avail.

I have now two questions:
can somebody please supply me with the list of new packages of the last
(say) 24 hours or some days?
is there any (better) way to do this?