Re: Kernel image installed. Now what?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 soapbox@softhome.net wrote:

> I checked my LILO.conf, changed the "image=" line to the vmlinuz-2.2.19
> file and the "map=" line to  System.map-2.2.19 or something like that.
> I rebooted again.  I did the "uname" command - still the same
> information: 2.2.10.

I knw this is silly but did you run "lilo" after you changed
/etc/lilo.conf?  It happens to all of us.

If you did and it didn't report an error and you still have problems then
I have another couple of ideas about what could have gone wrong, but run
lilo first.

Cheers,

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus