Re: Using Say in Chatscripts

Kent writes:
> What I understand from "man chat", the "SAY" command should echo out
> messages when using "pon". However, although I can get dialed up, I do
> not see the expected informational messages.

Note the last sentence in this section of the chat man page:

  SAY STRINGS
       The SAY directive allows the script to send strings to the
       user at the terminal via standard error.  If chat is being
       run  by  pppd,  and  pppd is running as a daemon (detached
       from its controlling terminal), standard error  will  nor­
       mally be redirected to the file /etc/ppp/connect-errors.

Try 'pon provider updetach'.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org