Re: still no sshd

* Jacob Stowell (js8319@csc.albany.edu) spake thusly:
> Hi again all,
>
> I have continued plugging away trying to get sshd to start on my home
> machine, and still no luck. Below are the results of tests I have run to
> try
> to figure out the problem.  Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

Disclaimer: it's been a while, neurons get recycled, I may be wrong,
yadda yadda yadda.

Off the top of my head, giving select() 5th argument of NULL tells
it to wait indefinitely (or until interrupted by a signal). So, this
> select(4, [3], NULL, NULL, NULL^[[6~
tells select() to wait until data arrives on fd 3 (assuming the
last characters are some terminal escape garbage).

> The process hangs here indefinately.

As it should, it's waiting for incoming connection.

What happens if you telnet to port 22 on your machine? You should get
something like

# telnet host 22
Trying a.b.c.d...
Connected to host.your.domain.