Re: How to make ppp0 default gateway automaticly?

> Which script shall I insert my firewall script to?
> (In redhat, I insert it to /etc/rc.d/rc.local)
>
> Regards
> Tao Liu

Well thats gonna depend on your kernel but lets assume your running 2.2 and
use ipchains for firewalling.

Goto freshmeat.net and search for "ipchains-firewall" which provides a perl
script that can be run as
    firewall.sh ppp0 eth0

place a new script  in your /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ directory as
    90firewall.sh        make sure its executable and it should at least
contain
        #/bin/sh
        firewall.sh ppp0 eth0

If our using kernel 2.4.x then look for a similar script for "iptables"  of
which a few exist and provide similar functionality to ipchains-firewall

Try to make use of the ip-up.d and ip-down.d local directories under
/etc/ppp as this will let you ensure that certain scripts can be
enabled/disabled when ppp goes up. Note also that these scripts export a n
umber of environment variables which allow you to more clearly specify
elements for your script.

Regards

Nik Butler
Director Wired4Life Limited