Re: How to make ppp0 default gateway automaticly?

>> <snip>
>> >but how can I make ppp0 the default gateway automaticly when
>> ppp0 is up?
>> <snip>
>>
>> waldner@wz:~$ grep def /etc/ppp/options
>> defaultroute
>>

>I also believe that
>route add default ppp0
>also works (although it is a while since I have done tis.

dunno, but if you have to set the route manually
 route add -net 0/0 ppp0
will certainly work.

It´s just that Tao asked for auto/magic, and that lies in the
options-file resp. in invoking pppd like
 pppd eth0 defaultroute
(maybe the options must be reserved, I don´t have PPPoE-hacks in my
 pppd, only PPTP- ones).

cheers,
&rw

--
-- Windows, another fine product from the folks who gave us edlin.
----