Re: Suspicious behavior: cracked or just a dying machine?

Thanks to all who answered - I believe what actually happened was
heat-related more than anything else. The air conditioning in our house
died while we were at work, making the computer area beastly hot. I came
home, tried to reboot, and the BIOS didn't see two of the four IDE drives
(including the one that contains /).  Opened the machine, let it cool for
a while, and it booted fine. Thanks again!

Andy

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA