Re: Netscape as root, sndconfig

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:25:07AM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:

> > hmmm, not the most useful answer I have ever seen,
> > edit the file /etc/netscape4/config and either uncomment
> > the line which says ALLOW_ROOT=yes or add it to
> > the config file.
> >
> > Again:  don't run it as root.
>
> Again, he asked *how* to do it. He didn't ask for people's
> opinions on whether or not he should. It's his business if
> he's runs it as root. It's his system.

Ah, I see we will now look forward to posts from you condemning people
who suggest "kernel-package" when asked "why didn't my kernel compile
work; I used 'make bzlilo'", posts which point out that including "."
in your PATH is a bad idea, posts which conclude telnet is a security
risk ...

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.