Re: screen (as in program screen) question

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:28:05PM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> When I run screen in an xterm, it sets the title of the xterm to 'screen'.
> Does anyone know how to set the title of the xterm to somthing like 'screen:
> %s' where %s in the session name?

yes.

and to answer your next question as well, here's a not-so-random
signature tip from my growing collection... see below.

to test it, try

	$ echo "\e]0;Here We Go^V^Ga-carolling"
	a-carolling

and your xterm/rxvt title bar will now be entitled "Here We Go"
(unless it's overwritten by another instance, such as a command
prompt as mentioned below)...

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #28 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: