RE: Modem isn't working

Hi Sam/dman,

I know you guys are trying to help out, but my problem is not getting
online, I can do all that stuff... the problem here is that I don't want to
HAVE to do it! One of the major problems Linux newbies have is getting their
modem to work. The easier this process is, the more likely they are not to
give up in disgust and go back to the 'safety' of Windows. I like pppconfig,
it's clear and simple to use... except for me it doesn't work. Hopefully I
can find out why and let J. Hasler know what's going on...

Bartman