Netscape as root, sndconfig

I recently installed Netscape Communicator, which works great, except that I
can't run it as root due to "security reasons". Does anyone know how I can
get around this?

Also, I will soon need to set up my souncard. This is my first experience
with Debian, so I don't know which tools (if any) are available to help with
this. On Redhat I used sndconfig, which worked like a charm... this was the
first time I had ever got sound working without having to edit config files
and set IRQ's, etc. and it was a great relief. I see that sndconfig is part
of Debian's "testing" distro now, I tried to install it with dselect, but it
wanted to install over 200MB of packages, so I told it to get knotted...

So, any ideas on soundcard configration (it's an elderly SB16, btw) or am I
back to the ol' isapnp method?

Bartman

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared.