Re: Woody and default keymap

> > If I uninstall the console-tools and reinstall I can't select an
> > new keytable and the old russian table was loaded. Where to hell is
> > the configuration file to change this permanent?
>
>     /etc/console-tools
>
> Copy a keymap there named as 'default.kmap.gz'.  Check
> /etc/init.d/console-tools for more info.

I renamed the already existent 'default.kmap.gz' to
'default.kmap.gz.old' and copied there a new kmap, renamed to
'default.kmap.gz', but it did't worked. I tried with Latin1, ES-CP850
and ES.

/etc/init.d/console-tools does not exist. I only found
/etc/init.d/console-screen.kbd.sh and keymap.sh

BTW, where can I found a detailed reference for keyboard layouts? I
don't even know what is the keymap that corresponds to my keyboard.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious ? The documentation is very
confusing to me (man loadkeys, keymaps, Keyboard-HOWTO) and if I'm
guessing correct, it seems that there has been some kind of upgrade
from kbd to console-tools, and I suspect some of the docs perhaps are
not up to date. Is this correct ?

Daniel
--
"There is no spoon..." - The Matrix