Re: OT: SCSI hardware recommendation

Joerg Johannes <liste_joerg@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi List
>
> Has anybody of you a dual-channel SCSI-Controller working?
> I'm interested in buying one for being able to use CD-Roms and a
> scanner
> on a slow channel, and harddisks on a fast channel. So, which
> controllers are supported, and how do I configure the channels?
>
> thanks
>
> joerg
>
> --
> Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
> will hear the voice of Satan?
>
> That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.
>

> --

I've got a Tekram DC-390U3W. It's a dual channels; 1 Ultra-160 LVD and 1
Ultra-Wide SE. There's also a dual U160, the DC-390U3D. A bit cheaper
then Adaptec.
There are 2 IBM 36 LZX on the U160 channel, CD-RW, DVD, tape and scanner
on the UW channel.
Works well with Linux and Debian, but be aware of bios troubles on some
motherboards (Abit KT7A in my case, I had to use a beta bios until Abit
released a working one recently).

- Arno.