Re: Problem posting with trn

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 02:08:12AM -0500, Jor-el wrote:
> 	I am experimenting with trn, and am posting to the
> "test" newsgroup. The following env. variables are set : AUTHORCOPY points
> to my pine "sent-mail" folder, and REPLYTO is set to my email
> address. Here is a screenshot of my post attempt :
[...]
> What next? [qnp] inews: No valid newsgroups in test
> inews: article in /home/devel/pgmr/dead.article
>

> dead.article contains :
>
> Newsgroups: test
> From: Jor-el <pgmr@trillian.megadodo.umb>
> Subject: Testing testing testing
> Date: 14 Aug 2001 07:01:55 GMT
>
> Many many machines
>

> 	Why am I getting the error "No valid newsgroups in test"? Any help
> would be appreciated.

Looking at the error message, I take it you're using the version of
inews in the 'inews' package. That looks in /var/lib/news/active to find
the list of possible newsgroups. If you have a local news server, make
sure 'test' is in its active file. If you don't, you'll need to install
inewsinn or inn2-inews instead.