Re: IP masquerade not working!! :( (fwd)

> Sounds like your gateway does not know its hosts

No.. since the traffic from the gateway to the hosts is slow it is
there.. and the gateway and the hosts are in the same segment more than
this the traffic from the hosts to the gateway is *very fast* so the ack
packets from the gateway make their way..

The fact is that in the gateway I have an old ISA ne2000 card and in the
host new pci cards so what I suspect is that the good cards are taking the
channel much more efficiently.

Anyway today I will buy a good network card and I will know..

IP masquerade works!! but it has taken two days for me to realize that the
problem is in the network cards.. I think that this would be a very good
candidate case for the FAQ.. :)

Thank you!

Regards

Roberto