now I am getting somewhere (iptables & sid)

I think I now know what I need for ipmasq?... I have downloaded and
installed iptables package..hopefully compiled my kernel 2.4.7 with the proper
modules (anyone pls give me a list to be sure that I didn't miss something)...got a
default rc.firewall script for 2.4.x kernel from
http://www.e-infomax.com/ipmasq/howto/beta/m-html/ipmasq-HOWTO-m.html (thanks Craig)

now what? I am somewhat confused... put rc.firewall at /etc/init.d? how to
update it then via update-rc.d rc.firewall start? do I need to create another
rc.firewall script to stop it? how to start iptables then?

choices...choices...choices....what what what....

pls help me...

if it's not too much trouble pls CC me when replying to this message..:)
TIA