IMP logout problem still unresolved

I posted about this a couple weeks ago but never got any responses.

Basically, I have IMP installed on a Woody box.  It seems to be
working fine at first.  I can log in and see my inbox.  However, as
soon as I try to click to read a message (or click anything for that
matter), I get logged out.

I've tried purging all the config files several times and tinkering
with them, but haven't been able to fix this.  A major problem I've
had is with the documentation--it's very confusing and very often
conflicting.

The install scripts seem to do a lot more behind my back than is
written in the /usr/share/doc docs.

Can anyone with a working imp tell me exactly what I should have to do
after installing the horde and imp debs to make imp work, step by
step?  I'm using mysql and php3.

Thanks.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>