Re: backups using tar

hi ya bob

if the device is full... you have too much data....

- remove all the junk files...
	- core, /tmp, /var/log/ files you dont want

- use 2 tapes instead for the various "stuff"

- compress it instead

	tar zcvbf 64 /dev/ht0 /stuff /moreStuff

	- note the "z"
	- to read the compressed tape... tar ztvfbf /dev/ht0

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Backup.net