Re: dselect and hda:irq timeout

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Perry" <iperry@inertia.com.au>
To: "'Michael Mueller'" <bhu5nji@yahoo.com>; <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 12:29 AM
Subject: RE: dselect and hda:irq timeout

That seems to help quite a bit.  The messages were greatly reduced, but not
wholly eliminated.  The process took much less time altogether, because of
less hda timeouts I presume.

HDD is hda
CDROM is hdd
I had to remove the master/slave/cable select jumpers from the two drives.
I guess the jumpers are needed only if there is a primary/secondary actually
on the IDE cable.

I actually have 2 identical twin new-born machines as described above.  I
tried the change on the second machine.  I got additional messages that were
more worrisome:

ide0: reset timed out; status = 0x0d

and

ide0: <something the drive being busy>

I'll have to wait until AM to get another IDE cable to try out the
configuration on the first machine.