Re: CDROM PROBLEM

Sebastiaan wrote:
High,

Please, stop shouting. We can hear you.

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 Kuehl4664@aol.com wrote:

I HAVE A CDROM ATAPI 50X WHICH ACCORDING THE THE CONTROL PANEL SYSTEM AND DEVICE MANAGER IS WORKING PROPERLY. HOWEVER, IT IS NOT ACCESSIBLE THANKS TO HAVING RECEIVED A CD FROM WINSTRUCT.COM CALLED "LEARNING WINDOWS: GETTING STARTED" WHICH STALLED IT AND HAD TO REBOOT THE COMPUTER.

Why would you want to learn windoze? The user stuff is pretty trivial. The
non-user stuff is very untrivial because M$ does not like us to take a
look on their code.
AFTER FINALLY CONTACTING SOMEONE WHO USED TO DEAL WITH THE COMPANY KESTAL COMMUNICATION WHO DISTRIBUTES THE CD I WAS ADVISED TO REMOVE THE CDROM AND REBOOT AND LET THE COMPUTER REFIND IT. THIS DID NOT WORK.
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I CAN GET IT TO WORK AGAIN.

Not the cdrom, the cdrom drive. Go to the control panel, select your Atapi
drive and remove it. Then reboot your computer and wait forever, perhaps
windoze will find the drive right away, else you have to run the hardware
wizard.

BTW: are you aware that this is a Linux list? Or did they give you the
impression that windoze was the only OS available? For problems bith
M$-stuff, you should contact billgates@microsoft.com. Then you will find
out why there is Linux too.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

Ah now I understand what he is talkong about. He seems to have a problem with his caps lock key as well.

Frank