Re: Potato on a Dell PowerEdge 2500

Christian Surchi wrote:

> I installed perfectly potato on a Dell PowerEdge 2450, but boot disks by Kevin Traas
> (www.merilus.com/~kevin/aacraid.html) seems not to work with a PE 2500. How can I
> solve?

I belive it's because 24xx uses Perc3/Si while 25xx uses Perc3/Di as
scsi/raid controler (correct me if I'm wrong).  Anyway, I've made a new
install-image using the original 2450 disk which you could try.  A few
people have tried it (including myself), and as far as I know it have
worked for them.

If you want to try it, it should be available at:

	http://emil.its.uu.se:8080/DELL/potato-inst-2.2.19+aacraid.dd

In the same directory is the patched source I used, just make clean
first in case you want to compile yourself.

Good luck,
	Emil