Re: Cameras for linux: the million $ question

On Wed, 08 Aug 2001, Sebastiaan wrote:

> High,
>
> > I've a laptop with debian potato 2.2r3 and like to buy a digital
> > camera to use with it and the Gimp.
> >
> > Any suggestion about cameras and their compatibility with debian?
> >
> I have heard that the Logitech (USB's?) are a bad choice for Linux because
> they do not release any Linux drivers for it. If you buy one, be sure you
> can return it and get another one in case it does not work.

I bought a sony mavica and it works great! Images are on a floppy disk
and there's no headache whatsoever. Sony Mavica's can be had for about
$300..
 |Dale L. Morris             | Homepage: http://www.well.com/user/dlm |
 |Massage Therapist          | PGP key: http://www.well.com/user/dlm  |
 |Telephone: (702) 647-5583  |                                        |
 |ICQ #: 67278457            |Yahoo Instant Messenger: dl_morri       |