Re: Replacing a RAID Drive

On Wed, 08 Aug 2001, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> Looks good to me.  I don't see anything missing, but there are a
> couple unnecessary steps in there:

Thanks for responding! I do have one more question which I hope you can
answer. How does the RAID system know which hard drive _was_ the bad when
I reboot. In other words, where is this information stored? Since I have
the new hard drive partitions set to type FD they should be automatically
included in the RAID system. Also I had persistent superblock enabled when
I formated the RAID device. What I concerned about is that the system will
try to mirror the empty hard drive instead of the full drive. When I do a
shutdown of the system will the current RAID setup be stored on the good
hard drive to be read in when they system boots back up again?

Do I have to run any commands before the shutdown to let the RAID system
know what's happening?

Sorry if this seems confusing, but I don't really want the computer
offline for any longer than it needs to be. :)

	Thanks.
		-- Robert

    Robert James Kaes    ---  Flarenet Inc.  ---    (519) 426-3782
		       http://www.flarenet.com/
      * Putting the Service Back in Internet Service Provider *