Re: 2.4.7 kernel problem

You're having the same problem as some others about the initrd
containing your drivers for ide.  Check the list archives for the
solution.  I think the solution was to add ramdisk support for your
kernel and pass the ramdisk arguments to the kernel through lilo.conf.

My preferred solution is to recompile the kernel with your ide-disk
support compiled in so you don't have to worry about the ramdisk issues.