Re: FW: Careful. This is for information only.

Sebastiaan <S.Breedveld@ITS.TUDelft.NL> writes:

> Suppose we make such a torjan, worm or whatever to take action against the
> red one? Let's say, the white worm does not do any damage on the system on
> which it is installed, it only pops up a message on a red wormed
> machine.

That's easy to say... but not easy to implement.  The problem with
doing things of questionable legality, however, is that you're on the
hook if anything goes wrong.  Say you accidentally let it infect a host
multiple times... and the machine grinds to a halt under tons of white
worms?  Or the bandwidth used spreading the white worm costs a lot, or
worse, delays a critical service?  It's _your_ fault.

Perhaps you can assure yourself that the worm is 100% bug-free, and
will not cause problems due to bugs in any other system on the
planet... but I wouldn't want to risk that.

:-F   Bucktoothed vampire with one tooth missing.