Re: Wine Problem

	Subject: Wine Problem
	Date: Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 09:41:30PM -0400

Quoting JakeCatfox@aol.com(JakeCatfox@aol.com):
> Hi, I'm trying to run Wine on my Debian 2.4 kernel. Whenever I do, it tells
> me I have not configured it. I'm supposed to run "wineconfig" but it's
> nowhere to be found on my system and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does
> anyone know what I can do?

Well I have never run wine but ISTM that you must be new or don't know
how to use the debian tools.  So, because I am too Hot and tired to be
nasty, I'll try to give you some hints.

/* start - teach how to fish mode */

I just did dpkg -l wine*   /* dpkg is a debian tool */
It listed these packages
pn  wine                               <none> (no description available)
pn  wine-doc                           <none> (no description available)
un  wine-utils                         <none> (no description available)
un  winesetup                          <none> (no description available)
un  winesetuptk                        <none> (no description available)

Not being a rocket scientist I picked winesetup as a likely cause of
your dilemma. and used another debian tool, apt-cache, thusly

apt-cache search winesetup
and guess what it reported
winesetuptk - Windows Emulator (Configuration and Setup Tool)

/* end - teach how to fish mode */

Now I hope that you have learned from this Grasshopper.  I tend not to
help people who don't use the tools on their system to at least 'try'
to find a solution.

This may not be the package you need, but know you have an idea how to
find what you need, anyway.

Good Night
--
Documentation is the castor oil of programming.  Managers know it must
be good because the programmers hate it so much.