Re: Xfree86 4.1.0, Matrox G450 & framebuffer?

> This is apparently is problem with console framebuffer and X using similar
> portions of the card without syncronisation. This has been known for quite
> some time now. (Does it show I'm not familiar with the real technical
> reason? ;-))

I vaguely recall debconf asking me about whether X should use parts of
the framebuffer or not, saying that "yes" would be the safe bet ... I
don't know how to reverse that decision, since I never managed to get
to that question again using dpkg-reconfigure ... but since it's a
known issue, and ...

> Annoying, but not using framebuffer on the console with the G450 seems to
> be the only option ATM.

... I don't REALLY need the boot logo };-> I'll quietly wait for the
fix ;-)

Thanks for your assistance to everyone who answered!

regards,
Volker

--
over in west Philadelphia a puppy is vomiting ...