Re: Xfree86 4.1.0, Matrox G450 & framebuffer?

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Volker Schlecht wrote:

> My problem is however that apparently whenever I boot into one of the
> higher resolution VGA-console modes (using vesafb), I cannot switch
> back from X to the console.

This is apparently is problem with console framebuffer and X using similar
portions of the card without syncronisation. This has been known for quite
some time now. (Does it show I'm not familiar with the real technical
reason? ;-))

Annoying, but not using framebuffer on the console with the G450 seems to
be the only option ATM.

You have an unusual equipment for success.  Be sure to use it properly.