Filesystem errors (Fwd: [crazyharshu@yahoo.com: request])

Forwarded by request.

--- Begin Message ---
hi,
   Can you please forward this message to the debian user group as i
am unable use the regular mail id that i use to post to the group
temporarly.

thank you
regards
harsha

hi,

something really wierd has happened to my system.

All of a sudden lilo was corrupt. reinstalled it and booted.

file system clean

1) wvdial

    pppd killed.
    extract from logs.

    can't open options file /etc/ppp/peers/wvdial

    ls -l /etc/ppp/peers/wvidial

    ls: /etc/ppp/peers/wvdial: Input/Output error.

    ls -l /etc/ppp/peers/wv hit tab key completes to wvdial
    ls -l /etc/ppp/peers/
           wvdial not listed.

2) clear
   'linux' unknown terminal

3) vi foobar

   'linux' not in terminfo
     terminals available
       .
       .
       .
     defaulting to ansi.

4) mutt
   WARNING: terminal info not complete.

5) fsck -r on a read-only system.

    inode 128 has dtime set Fix <y>

    what is dtime?

   inode 129 has imagic .... Clear <y>

    what is imagic?

   is that neccessary to be cleared/unset ?

I am able to start Xwindow and work, but the terminal rendered a bit
useless.

pointers to solve this would be of great help.

regards
harsha

=====
praise not the day until the evening is over, a woman until she is burnt, a sword until it is tested, a maiden until she is married and beer until it is drunk.
                                             A Viking Proveb