Re: not enough partitions

--- Robin Rowe <rower@movieeditor.com> wrote:
> Hi. I have a hard drive with ext2 (primary), swap
> (logical), and NTFS
> (primary) partitions. It's a large drive with a lot
> of unused space. I want
> to carve up the remaining space into several
> partititions, but cfdisk only
> offers to make one last primary partition, then
> there are no more partitions
> available.
>
> Why can't I make the fourth partition an extended
> partition and put as many
> logical partitions there as I want?
I ran cfdisk (have the 2 primary and 1 logical
partition).
Although adding another primary partition stopped
me from going foward, I was able to add a number of
logical partitions. I've been playing with installing
Debian on different configurations (dual boot,
multiple Linuces) and at home, I was able to even put
the /boot on a logical partition (that's how I have it
now). So, if it's extra disk space you want to carve
up, use logical partitions.