Install stable?

I assume, the rescue.bin and root.bin I'm using should be pretty stable?  I
keep getting runaway errors with thousands of lines scrolling up my screen.
I expect there's a memory error or someting on this old machine.  Apparently
when it ran NT4, it used to blue-screen a lot.  I thought I'd check that
it's not me, or possibly the disks that do sometimes become unstable.  It's
an AMD chip, and a VIA chipset if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Andy
--
If it ain't broke, you ain't lookin' hard enough