Re: Laptop sleep

On Monday 06 August 2001 02:12 pm, Thomas Zimmerman wrote:
> I've been using an old laptop for a couple of days. I have the harddrive
> spining down after 30s but it never stays down. (I even echo'ed some new
> setting to /proc/sys/vm/bdflush...didn't seem to help). I was wounding if
> anyone has some tips on what to check; so this drive will stay asleep when
> there isn't any obvious need to be spun up.
>
> Thanks for any hints.
> Thomas

I think you need NOFLUSHD http://noflushd.sourceforge.net/
It's also available as a Debian package (but only in testing and unstable).

BTW, try the debian-laptop list if you haven't already. There you'll probably
find people who actually know about laptop installs, instead of folks like me
who've only heard that you need NOFLUSHD.

Another source of info is http://www.linux-laptop.net/